||AT, CH, DE, LI
|Kind of fund
||Sustainability and ethical funds / Sustainability-/ Ethical fund
|Aim of investment
||The goal of this segment is to achieve a reasonable total return for this market segment, by investing in shares of European companies, while taking sustainability and a balanced risk diversification into account.
||The segment invests its assets primarily in equity securities and rights (shares, participation certificates, certificates and other) of companies, which meet the LGT sustainability philosophy and have their headquarter in a European country or operate predominantly in this area, or are mainly invested in companies based in this area. The investment focuses on investments in future-oriented themes, sectors and activities.
||LGT uses its own investment philosophy (LGT Sustainable Impact Investing) to achieve the objective. Both the economic and financial analysis as well as social, environmental and corporate governance components are considered for the selection of the securities. Companies integrate sustainability in terms of funds and measuring their success. Countries are characterized by the lowest possible and effective use of environmental and social resources.
The method, developed by LGT, attempts to prefer the countries, organizations, markets, industries and companies regarding the weighting of direct and indirect investments, whose relative sustainability value is above average. Individual countries, organizations, markets, industries and companies, which have a sustainability value below average, can be excluded.
Through this investment philosophy an attempt to generate a long-term financial value while achieving a contribution to human well-being (not financial value) is achieved.
|Negative criteria for stocks and corporate bonds
- corruption and bribery*
Ethical and Social:
- alcohol / spirits
- exploitative children's work
- children's work
- weapons of mass destruction
- cluster boms and anti-personnel mines
- tobacco products
- offending human rights
- weapons / armaments
- fossil fuels*
- nuclear energy (operating or component manufacture)
- environmental harmful conduct*
|Negative criteria for government bonds
||Ethical and Social:
- children's work (states)*
- death penalty*
- unfree states, according to Freedom House
- offending human rights (states)
- contempt against employment law*
- contempt on nuclear weapons perr conract (states)
- contempt on Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Weapons (states)
- non-ratification of UN Convention on Biodiversity*
- non-rativication of the Kyoto Protocol*
- non-ratification of the Protocol of biological Safety*
- high defense budget*
- Nuclear energy by share of gross energy production*
|Research done by
||Asset4 & Inrate & InHouse
This fund profile is aligned with the fund company.
*no exclusion but part of the analysis