In recent years, the market of ethical, ecological and sustainability oriented capital investments has experienced an impressive boom. By now, the idea not only to consider classical criteria like return on investment, security and liquidity but to consider the actual reinvestment itself has become wide spread. A premise hereof is that the investment company must provide transparent and comprehensible criteria for companies. The platform "www.sustainable-investment.org" creates this transparency for the German-speaking market and offers investors, companies and journalists unique research possibilities.
The platform provides support for you as
- a private or institutional investor when looking for information,
- a fund or index issuer & agency with sales,
- a journalist when researching and reporting on sustainable investment,
- a company when displaying your sustainability orientation.
The platform contains the following content and functions:
- Display of investment policy, methodology, portfolio and performance of ecological and sustainability open-end funds that are authorised for sale in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Methodology of the most important sustainability indices inclusive of further information
- Information on the most important sustainability research agencies
- Database of companies contained in funds or indices
The link between financial market and sustainability information to companies and financial products is a unique attribute of the platform.
The platform "www.sustainable-investment.org" is the result of the research project „Umwelt- und Nachhaltigkeitstransparenz für Finanzmärkte“, which the Sustainable Business Institue (SBI) carried out in 2003 with the support of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director of the UNEP.
The platform "www.sustainable-investment.org" is online since february 2003.