The platform is run by the Sustainable Business Institute (SBI).
The platform development was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education an Research (BMBF) and under patronage of Prof. Dr. Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director of UNEP. A wide range of stakeholders was involved in the development process.
Patronage Statement by Prof. Töpfer
Vision & Mission
Our mission is to contribute essentially to market transparency and growth of the SRI-market through a publicly available database. An increase of transparency will not only help the SRI market grow. It also strengthens the role and impact of SRI as a driver for corporate social responsibility and sustainable development. Our vision is to create a multilingual network.
Currently you find 380 european funds on the platform. We will widen the scope step by step in the next months. For this purpose and the further development of the platform we are looking for partners. Your ideas are most welcome. Please let us know if you are interested in a cooperation. The maintenance of the platform is sponsored by a group of companies. Additional funding by companies and foundations is needed for further development. Please let us know if you consider a financial contribution.
Aims and Principles
The aim of the platform is to contribute to public transparency and to promoting the dialogue on sustainable investment.
1. It is our aim to give a market overview to analysts, fund managers, private and institutional investors, index providers, managers, NGOs, journalists and the public.
2. The profiles of the funds, indices and rating-agencies are based on publicly available information and data given by the portrayed companies. If indicated, the content of the profiles is confirmed by the respective provider. We do not evaluate the information.
3. The formats will continuously evolve as a result of the dialogue with the involved parties. They are not meant to be standards or guidelines.
4. The database functionalities are offered to support the user in searching and judging the quality of products, concepts and offers on his own.
5. We commit ourselves not to give ethical, social or ecological judgements on products and concepts. Furthermore we will not develop any quality or transparency standards. In particular, we will not judge any of the funds, companies or indices. We will not develop indices.
6. The platform will support the dialogue on sustainable investment. However, judgements concerning single funds, rating agencies, indices or companies will not be published on our platform. This restriction also applies to the section "Dialogue & Press".
7. We invite foundations, companies, ministries and private individuals to support the platform financially. They will be mentioned in the category "Partners & Supporters".
Dr. Paschen v. Flotow
Sustainable Business Institute (SBI).
Oestrich-Winkel, July 15th, 2003
These aims and principles were first published February 14th on "www.nachhaltiges-investment.org".